Bye internship!

Internship is coming to an end soon. 4 more days to go then I'll fly back to my Kolomee hometown with her. The feeling of this entire internship is like the National Service which I went through last time. Before you come, you're excited but a little bit anxious because of the totally new environment. When you're here, things are not as bad as you imagined. When you're about to leave, very jia lat... all sort of weird feelings coming in, partly because really love the environment and people, both in HQ and site, a very big thank you to both my 'si-fu'S Ah Ong and Kar Shean!

Moving to a new company next month, a Japanese company. Really got a good offer this time I guess. I didnt googled much about this company until recently I started to get anxious again, mind keep thinking about how's the company like and the type of project I'll be involved in. Just got to know the company is a world ranked 14 contractor, so I think this job is not an easy one. Just got confirmed last week that I'll be based in Orchard. I googled about the site location, rumours said the existing building is haunted! It could be built on top of cemeteries.

"Heard from my friend, the last time when Citibank staffs worked late in the office, sometimes the aircon tripped by itself, toilet errie and some saw something sometimes. No one dare to stay late after 6pm. Citi eventually moved out. " (skyscrapercity.com, 2010)

The building is developed by Ngee Ann Kongsi so if you know the story of Ngee Ann City and why the building looks like that, you'll understand why i I think it is scary sometimes.

"Ngee Ann Kongsi also owns Ngee Ann Poly. The place where NP situates currently, was a cemetary. This cemetary was removed and NP was built on it. But after NP was built, the old Ngee Ann city did not make money. The enterprise was loosing money despite it is situated at Orchard road. Hence Ngee Ann Kongsi went to look for Feng Shui master for help. The master claimed that he built NP ontop of the cemetary. The removal of cemetary disturbs the ghost and hence they made him loose money. The remedy was to demolish the old Ngee Ann City and then rebuild a new one. The new one must be built in a tomb looking shape to “ji4 nian4″ (english poor) the disturbed ghost. So, if you look at the current Ngee Ann City, you will find that it looks like an old chinese traditional tomb. With 2 stone lions as Tower A and B, and the window where you look out of Coffee Club Express, is where the photos and carvings is. And also there are 5 flag poles that represent joss sticks. Infront of the flag pole is a fountain which represents wine. After it was built this way, Ngee Ann City is making money until now, its so popular." (HungZai.com, n.d.)

Ngee Ann City is just nearby my site so i assumed both sites are.....you know.....

Internship so far so good. Except during the time when I was labeled by somebody as a person who will go to any company as long as they paid me the highest. Let me just clarify something. I was NOT offered in the company at the first place. Yes, there are several meet-ups with the HR but I was not offered still. By the time I got offered by another company, I felt I have the responsibility to inform and thats why I did so. I have no intention to make you pay me higher than that to get me in, I'm telling you so that you don't need to make any more arrangement. By the way, I'm not bonded by you, and even if 'end of the day money is still the deciding factor', I dont see anything wrong with that, since both are reputable companies and I should pick a better one.

Anyway, I'm graduating soon, shouldnt let this troubles me anymore. Kuching, I'm coming!


Dunno why, I like this photo so much... Not bad right?

Newer Post Older Post Home