新しい初め


I started my permanent job on the first day, seventh month of the Chinese calendar, steady right? So far so good, not much work yet since the project is still not officially awarded to us except the demolition works. Currently working together with a workaholic Senior QS... Working life here very interesting. Next week onwards really jia lat... Senior Project Manager asked me to follow the Senior Engineer to site to do morning exercise everyday, 750 am, great... Anyway very thankful it’s a 5 working day job...especially when I woke up at 8am this morning, sibeh shuang leh... But definitely not wise to waste 2 beautiful days. I’m still thinking doing something interesting yet can generate some extra income. My second job still not confirmed, too lazy to take the tests! But one of these days I shall start. I have to.

Japanese company and Japanese bosses are very different, how different? Very different lar.... But I love Japanese souvenirs... already got 3 since my first day of work. By December maybe already collected a box?

Project Director asked me a very simple yet important question the other day when we went to Starbucks. “What is your plan?”

Of course I answered him something simple like my target to be promoted to be ....within.... years. I knew he’s not expecting this kind of answer but its hard for me to tell, I knew I couldn’t tell him things he cannot understand. He suggested me to go home and take a piece of paper. Write or draw something, he said imagine.... imagination is very important; you are what you want to be. Jia lat.... this kind of teaching method even primary school teacher knows how to teach their student, but the ways he explained really touches me. How successfully he is today is definitely not because he understands simple things like this, but it really depends on whether you really remember what you wrote or drew, are you still holding on or not... Writing something to impress others or to make yourself happy but immediately forget what you wrote is definitely not the correct way. Same thing goes with people who often tell others their big dreams or those whom I always call as people of ‘a lot of cita-cita’, but never do something about it. When you asked them ‘Have you tried?’, they will answer you ‘But then ho....I heard people say.....’ wateva larh....

One thing I’m grateful, everywhere I go, there are always companions. Liverpool says “You will never walk alone”. Finally another good friend of mine is coming here, very soon. A lot more next year, I believe.

Back to the ‘imagination’ issue... Everyday I have something new in mind, something I wish to do. I have plenty of things I wish to achieve, even with the years I think they can be achieved. Everyday when I travel to work, ideas coming in.... Lots of download every morning.....

But when I hold the pencil, none of them can be written down on that piece of paper!

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home