Hard decision to make

So....This year's convo will be held in early August.



Time flies... It's February now, but the feeling is near. Not the feeling of earning $, but the worries of where should I start? Applied for several companies in SG but no good news yet. Even if there is, should I go for it? Not an easy decision to make.

So far I'm already offered by 2 big companies here in KL, Gamuda and Mudajaya. Both are good but I still have not decided. Not very easy for me to confirm with them, I have to make decision based on calculations. They're paying me for RM500 per month only, why not I come back to Kuching, RM20 a day is already more than enough. Don't tell me t get $ from parents, sorry I don't want.

So, is KL the right place to stay?


Or the comfortable Kuching, Sarawak?


Or Singapore?


After considering for so long, I still think that KL is not a good place to stay. Why?

Let me explain.

Lets do a little bit of salary survey.

Fresh graduate of BS, QS or whateva it is:
KL - RM2.2 - 2.5k
Kuching - RM1.8k
SG - SGD2.2-2.4k

KL is slightly higher compared to Kuching. But I wont have to face terrible traffic jam everyday and not necessary for me to get a car so soon. Plus, in Kuching I dont need extra for food, rental, bills and all those 'small-small things'

But in Kuching there's definitely not much opportunity. Not much mega projects here. Not many impressive developement here.

Sinapore is good. The figures in KL and Spore slightly the same. In KL I'll spend RM300 on rental and some bills. In Spore I'll spend SGD300 for rental also. In KL probably a day I'll spend RM15 on food and some other stuff. SG also SGD15 i guess. Transportation is roughly the same I guess. So I'll probably have RM800 for savings if I were to stay in KL and SGD 800 if I were to stay in SG. But wait.... SGD800 x 2.38 = RM1.9k. Hey not bad.... But life in Spore is not easy... Some of my friends and seniors are already there. Not many enjoy life there...

I need to clarify I am not $-minded but I wont deny that $$ is so important at this stage. I need money for a car, a house and....ahem....a wife, I am not desperate btw but have to also ma....hahaha...

Very hard to decide....


Somemore this person say she most probably staying KL, further studies somemore... Issit ok to just dump her in KL? =p

Many people told me its just intern....but I gotta think far also... My decision now will have big influence on my decision after I graduate.

1 comments:

aduhmak...decision is in your hand brother..

February 20, 2010 at 7:15 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home